Welcome to Path to Coaching Module 2, Systems Coaching Competencies. This is a Scrum Alliance® Labs program that describes the Systems Coaching competencies needed by Agile Coaches who want to broaden and deepen their skill and awareness.
Audience: Existing and aspiring agile coaches, including Scrum Masters, who want to broaden and deepen their coaching skills and awareness.
Note: This is NOT a certification program.
This course is worth 5 SEU credits.
LEARNING COMPETENCY OBJECTIVES
Chapter 1 – Entering the System
- 2.1.1 Coach effectively creates a system agreement (Working Agreement, Designed Alliance, etc.) that enables the system to clarify how it will work together and have healthy conflict
- 2.1.2 Coach effectively creates a coaching agreement with the system that clarifies how the coach will work in partnership with the system
- 2.1.3 Coach exhibits effective methods of creating a relationship and trust with the system that enables trusted partnership
Chapter 2 - Observing the System
- 2.2.1 Coach helps the system to identify and understand the system roles present and how they will effectively work with them (inner, outer, hidden)
- 2.2.2 Coach exercises deep democracy in order to ensure that all voices of the system have representation and that marginalized voices are brought forward
- 2.2.3 Coach helps the system to identify and understand the impacts of rank and privilege and assists them in determining how they will best work with them
Chapter 3 - Assessing the System
- 2.3.1 Coach has a method of conducting a System Survey that helps to understand the current state of the system
- 2.3.2 Coach effectively observes the system to gain an understanding of team dynamics, roles, rank and privilege, conflicts, etc.
- 2.3.3 Coach has a strategy for when and how they will utilize Assessment tools to assist the system with continuous improvement planning
Chapter 4 - Empowering the System
- 2.4.1 Coach reflects to the client the clients stated areas of strength and desired improvement areas
- 2.4.2 Coach supports the client to incorporate change at a pace that is sustainable and consumable for the system
- 2.4.3 Coach maintains a systems perspective
- 2.4.4 Coach allows the client to determine and prioritize desired improvements and changes with input from the coach as appropriate
- 2.4.5 Coach holds the client system to be fully competent, undamaged, resourceful, and not in need of being fixed by the coach
Chapter 5 - Conflict in the System
- 2.5.1 Coach recognizes and encourages healthy engagement in constructive conflict within the system
- 2.5.2 Coach recognizes that healthy conflict in the system brings out the best ideas and solutions
- 2.5.3 Coach encourages every voice of the system to be heard and holds a neutral stance regarding their input.
- 2.5.4 Coach recognizes that each voice of the system is neither positive nor negative, rather they all contain information that is important to the system
Chapter 6 - Managing System Change and Progress
- 2.6.1 Coach invites the system to reflect on the change it is incorporating and adapt direction or methods for incorporating change into the system
- 2.6.2 Coach partners with the system design short- and long-term goals
- 2.6.3 Coach partners with the system design a plan for accomplishing goals
- 2.6.4 Coach partners with the system identify impediments or potential blockers to the desired changes and to determine how the client will respond as these challenges arise
- 2.6.5 Coach invites the system to determine how it will manage change, communication, and gather feedback from within the system
- 2.6.6 Coach invites the system periodically to reflect on progress and adapt goals, plans, and methods as needed
Chapter 7 - Designing Accountability in the System
- 2.7.1 Coach invites the client system to design the methods of accountability it believes will be most beneficial and empowering to the system
- 2.7.2 Coach invites the client system to determine how it will be responsible for its own growth and change
- 2.7.3 Coach invites the client system to determine how it will empower every aspect of the system to own independent responsibility for its actions
- 2.7.4 Coach encourages the client to explore how actions in one part of the system impact reactions in other parts of the system
- 2.7.5 Coach works with the system in a way that encourages the creation of a healthy future beyond the coach’s engagement with the system
Your cart is empty